Monday, June 25, 2012

4 weeks of soccer = a trophy?

I (Anne) was not prepared for Ms. Elsie to receive her first trophy for participating in 4 weeks (4 hours) of soccer practice. I mean a trophy seems like a little much, right?! As you can see she adores her trophy and has already spent hours talking to it and carrying it around with her.

Just to get it out of my system...when I was growing up we didn't get a trophy for showing up or snacks after each practice, and we played summer sports in the snow and had to walk uphill both ways. Yup, I'm turning into one of those parents.



Elsie did LOVE playing soccer and is already asking to play again in the Fall. I guess Mr. E better start working on a trophy room.

1 comment:

SAE said...

She carries that trophy with her wherever she goes and calls it her "medal." So cute. We (Anne and Soren) should get a trophy for watching 4- and 5-year-olds "play" soccer (read: watch them run around after the ball only to eventually kick it out of bounds) while keeping Margot entertained on the sidelines.